Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Who Am I In Hunts Point.....

I chose to do this picture with my music player because music is a big part of my life. I feel I can relate to music and whenever I am down or I’m upset I listen to music and it makes it better. I also chose not to show just my music because I’m subtle with my music. I don’t blast it in anyone’s face and I also chose to be on the edge of the picture and have the lockers showing because school is also a huge part of my life. I love to read and write and I learned that in school.
The way I make decisions is basically whatever catches my eye. I choose materials by whatever stands out to me and what I think will work best. Sometimes when I am drawing I start with pencil and then I finish with markers, color pencils, oil pastels, and paint. Most of the time I will just leave it with
pencil because I like the rustic feel to my work.
For the work I am doing now with the photograph I still don’t know where I plan to put it in the school. I might put it in the school. I might put it in a small place because I am very shy and I don’t want many people to see my work. I am exploring how far I can go with this work by picking a picture size im comfortable with. In this case i felt the most comfortable with a medium sized picture mostly because i dont want the impression of me not being confident about my work. I also dont want the impression of too cocky or concieted.

No comments: