
Joshua Centeno
10/17/11
Art
Artist Statement
The reason why I took the picture of myself in the gym is because I’m very athletic. Also the reason why I took a picture of myself with my uniform on is because I get the education that I need in order to succeed in life. I want to become a Police Officer in the future. In order to follow my dreams I first have to go to school and graduate from high school then college. In the picture I also had a baseball and a baseball glove because I like playing baseball. Baseball is my favorite sport. I feel like the picture came out the way that I wanted it to come out. I think that the picture looks good and interesting.
The way that I made the decisions in the course of my work is that I think about it first. Then I choose what I’m going to write, draw, or in this case take a picture. I really thought about what I should have in the background and the word gym popped in my head. The gym background seemed to make everything fit in place. The reason why I selected the materials that I used is because it really showed who I am in Hunts Point. That’s why I have the baseball glove and the baseball in my hands. These two materials make the picture look good. It was like the puzzle piece to the picture. These materials made the picture of me stand out. Just by looking at the picture you can see that I’m very athletic and I like baseball.
The picture that I took of myself was what I was working on in Art class. This picture that I took of myself progressed. I had to take about three or four photos in order to find the right one that really stood out. I had to look for the photo that really show who I was and I found it I found the picture that showed who I am in Hunts Point. The photo that I took was the right one because everything was where it needed to be at. What I was exploring was who I really was in Hunts Point. I didn’t really know who I was until I did this assignment. When we first got this assignment I thought really hard it. I was thinking about what to wear, where to be, what to use as a symbol of which I am, and what should be the background. It took quite a while to put my thoughts together but I did and it all turned out well. If you look at the picture you can see who I really am in Hunts Point Ave. If you want to find out more about me you just have to ask me but this picture of myself is just a little sneak peak of who I am in Hunts Point.
No comments:
Post a Comment